Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Monday, February 27, 2012

An Uncontainable Idea

While watching the Academy Awards yesterday, a HUGE idea hit me.  It lingered on my mind the rest of the evening and into the night, occupying my mind so relentlessly that I had to get up out of bed at 1am just so I could do some quick research on the Internet to see if it was even possible.  As it turns out, it is 100% completely and totally possible, and I actually have the hardest part over.

I'm not quite ready to reveal the idea yet, but I know I have to jump on it because the timing is perfect.  There's quite a bit to figure out about it, and I know that even though I have what most consider to be the hardest part already completed, this is not going to be easy.  In fact, if I decide to attempt this, it will probably be the most challenging thing I've ever done.

The discouraging part is the money it's going to take- this idea must be completed by September (just 7 months away!) if it is to go where I want it to go, and I'm thinking it'll probably cost about $5,000-$10,000 to do.  I refuse to do it if I can't get it done well, but I know that this project can and will change lives.  I don't mean that to sound cocky, but I know it's true because it already HAS changed lives.  This is so much more than I am, and I know that I won't be able to do it alone- I'll have to enlist the talents of people far more skilled than I am, because I want this project to not only be a product of me, but a product of humanity.

I don't have much time at all, so I need to decide quickly if this is something I want to take on or not.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting at the least..... sorry I can't fund the project....... at least not right now...

    ReplyDelete