Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

To you, I say- THANK YOU!!!

Today will probably be a bit of an emotional day.  The Aungst family, a family my family has known for more than a decade (and this family is like family to us- proof that family doesn't always mean blood relative) is moving to another state.  This afternoon is the going-away gathering for them.  We're not calling it a "Goodbye Party," but a "See-Ya-Later Party" because we know that this is hardly goodbye.  Even a state away, they'll never be able to get rid of us.  ;)

It's interesting about family and the friends who become like family- they're always the ones who have seen you during your most embarrassing state, your darkest hour, and your worst moment, and yet they stick around unconditionally to help you celebrate the good times, laugh with each other, and join in on life's highest moments.  Family isn't defined by blood, really.  Family is defined by love, support, and encouragement.  I'm super-blessed for the family I have, both the blood relatives and the friends who became like family.  I'm super-blessed to have the friends I have, too.  Without all those people in my life, I know I wouldn't be the person I am today.  They've help me find the best in me, even when I didn't believe it was there.

And speaking of support and love, I can't begin to tell you how amazed and flattered I am.  Shadows in the Window is doing so well, and I am just so grateful!  Thank you to all of you (even if you haven't downloaded it yet) for the support, encouragement, and enthusiasm you all so graciously offer.  You are the ones I write for!  To my family, my friends, my future friends, my future family members, my readers, and everyone else- thank you, endlessly, from the greatest and most beautiful depths of my heart.  Truly, without you I wouldn't be on this amazing path, and I am so grateful to get to share the journey with you all!

So now, for a little update on Shadows in the Window-  Last night, I reported it was ranking #773 in Free in the Kindle Store, and #29 in the Horror genre.  Here's this morning's numbers:
click to enlarge
That's right!  Can you believe those numbers??  It's #401 in Kindle Free, and #12 in Horror!  I also got an amazing review:

I'm really really hoping to see Shadows in the Window reach the top 100 before the free sale is over.  Can you help, please?  Just share the link with someone you know likes to read- tell your mother, brother, father, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, niece, nephew, friends, classmates, phlebotomist, swim coach, boss, coworker, favorite teller at the bank, the telemarketer who interrupts your dinner tonight, your dog, cat, zookeeper, bartender, pastor, and anyone else you can think of!

Don't have a Kindle?  You can still read the book for free: click here.

Just a forewarning: as the review says, this book is not recommended for children.  I'd say PG-13.  Parents, if your kid wants to read it, maybe you should read it first: you're the best judge for your child.

Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  I can't thank you all enough!!!  You've made me so incredibly happy!  :-D :-D :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment