Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Zombie Withdrawals

It's been almost 3 months since the last episode of "The Walking Dead" aired, and I can't wait for the new episode on Sunday.  (Just four days, four hours, and forty minutes until it airs!  But who's counting, right?  And whoa, what a strange time length: 4d,4h,40m.  Lots o' 4's.)  I got several of the comic books for Christmas, and I'm loving them!  Completely devoured them.

 read it, zombie lovers!  you'll like it.


I love zombies.  I do, it's just a thing.  They've fascinated me as long as I can remember, and I have absolutely no idea why.  Some people like ketchup, some like mustard.  Some people like vampires, I like zombies.

Although it's been about a month since I wrote a word for it, I'm still hoping to get my zombie novel done soon.  I wrote the outline for The Secret Room: Beginnings today, but now I just can't seem to get zombies off my brain (pun totally intended).  So I've made a decision: I'm going to take a little time off from SR:B and spend a little time with the undead.  Think of it as my toast to the return of "The Walking Dead."

 "How about a kiss?  No?  Aw, I get no kisses since eating off my own lips."

A while back, I started a blog from the perspective of a zombie named Alice.  I like her, although I found I didn't have much time to put into that blog once I started writing novels/novellas/novelettes (not to mention school, working at the dance studio, and so on).  The other problem was that I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with Alice- I considered using her story as the basis for a play, and I started it, but never took the time to finish it.  Maybe one day I'll go back to it.

"I'm Alice.  I died in 1989 and was reanimated in 2010."

But the whole point of this blog is to say two things:
1) I love zombies.
2) I miss writing my zombie novel.

I really can't decide which one I would rather complete first: the zombie novel or SR:B.  The zombie novel (which is still untitled, but I'll worry about a title when I finish it) is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and I started it several months ago (breaking in between and taking care of other things first).  But SR:B is something that people seem to be anticipating (and by "people" I mean the four family members and friends who've asked me about it).

I'm going to work on both at the same time, or at least try to.  For the rest of the week, I'm going to work on the zombie novel.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment