Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weaving A Web

The expression "what a tangled web we weave" is usually associated with lying, but I can't help but picture a web right now.  At the moment, I'm "building a web," or a network (as it's usually called).  Connecting blog with FaceBook, Twitter with Blog, Amazon Author Page with Blog, Twitter with Amazon Author Page, and so on, so it'll be easy for people to find me and my work.  I'm imagining all the pieces of social media connecting together and forming a beautiful spider's web of sorts. 

Danny told me this morning that he thinks I'll be pretty good at writing thrillers and horrors because I still get scared over things.  Being scared is kind of fun- it's an adrenaline rush- but sometimes I go so overboard in the things I imagine in my head that I need to stop and remind myself that it's just my imagination.  I don't get overly scared over things, and I do know the difference between reality and fantasy (well, most of the time, at least), but I do love a good scare.

Stories that are thought-provoking and make you use your brain are also very appealing to me.  Finding a story (be it in book, movie, poem, cave writing, verbal, or any other form) that makes you stop and reevaluate your thoughts or actions is a rare find, but always a gem.  I think there's so many people out there who don't use their brains anymore, and it's a shame.  The mind is an intriguing and powerful thing, and I believe we should always be striving to expand our proverbial horizons of thought and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment