Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Such a strange feeling indeed...

So, this is entirely new.  Kind of a strange feeling, I'm really not used to it, but I think I like it.

I have a plan.  Like, an actual plan, for life.  Well, for life right now at least.  I know what I want, how to get it (pretty much), and what it's going to take.  I even have goals, with real numbers and a time line in which I expect and aim for those numbers to appear.  And the plan includes a lot of writing, so while The Secret Room is currently the only work I have available, it won't be like that for long.  I'm aiming to have my second thriller up by mid-February, the next installment of The Secret Room chronicles up a month later (there will definitely be two; maybe even three installments), then my zombie novel shortly after that.  I've got three other ideas that I've been developing- in the adventure genre- and I want to write a memoir.  (See my previous post RE: My memoir.)

Plans don't always work out, of course, (like John Lennon said- "Life is what happens while you're trying to make plans"), but I'm ready for what the road holds, bumps and all.

I've always felt that life is an adventure, if we want it to be.  We have so much potential inside of us, and no matter where you come from or how long it takes before you realize what you want, nothing is impossible.  This doesn't just come from believing, though- it takes hard work, dedication, and the ability to get back up when you fall.  Just keep going, but don't forget to enjoy the ride.  Life will be over before you know it, whether you live 25 years or 100 years.

There's something that Will Smith said that always stuck with me:
"Being 'realistic' is the most common road to mediocrity."

So dream big.  Aim high.  Never settle.  Fall down, and get back up.  Learn from your failures and they won't be so bad.  Always keep moving forward.

Believe in yourself, and always remember to smile.  :)

p.s.- Kevin is doing fantastically, he's still above his word count goal.  And I only stayed up until 2am reading last night.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment