Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Book Signing

Over the weekend, I had my first book signing event.  It was at the local library, and they were also doing a book sale.  (I got a box full of books for just $2- what a deal!)  The library is only a couple years old, so it's a gorgeous building and very spacious.

I sold every copy that I had, and had to take orders for more.  It was so much fun, and the feeling of having people come and ask for my novel and autograph was surreal.  There were several people who made the trip special just to see and support me, and I am grateful to each and every one of those people.

It was also very cool to have people I didn't know asking for my novel and autograph.  I'd tell them the basic gist of the story, and some people got very intrigued.

Proceeds from sales were donated to the Friends of Acton-Agua Dulce Library (they do all sorts of awesome reading, writing, and educational activities for the community), Susan G. Komen For The Cure, and St. Jude Children's Hospital, so it all went to good places.  Even though I didn't make any money off the sale, it was a very profitable weekend- I met some great people, made some new contacts, and may have opened the door to two more book signings in other communities, which is very exciting!

Halloween is tomorrow, and I think the whole "scary season" is really getting to me, in a good way.  I've been getting so many ideas for different paranormal stories lately, and some of them really intrigue me.  A few dreams and old memories have washed up on the shores of my mind and are taking up root in my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment