Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What do you really want to be?

The other night, I was thinking about something- what do I really want to do?  Why do I want to be a writer?

The obvious answer is that I love to tell stories.  I love being able to create worlds, characters, and situations and blend them all together to create a story.  It's a deep passion that I've had as long as I can remember.

But there's a deeper reason why I want to be a writer- I want to be a positive influence on the world.

I want to write stories, inspire people (including myself), gain a voice, and help create a better future for our world.

My morals are (in no particular order):
• equality for all
      -not being judged based on your gender, ethnicity, orientation, religion, political beliefs, etc.
• freedom for all
      -to achieve your dreams
      -to do what you love
      -to be who you are
      -to have opportunities
• love
      -for each other
      -for animals
      -for our planet and environment
      -for children and the future they have
• education
     -for all; smart people make smart choices, so good education would solve lots of the world's problems
     -creating a passion for learning in our children
     -self-learning and betterment
     -self-evolution and continuing to strive for understanding of the human experience
• working together
      -understanding each other
      -helping those in need when we have no obligation to


By no means am I anywhere near perfect, but I want to continually make myself a better person.  The person I want to be is one that doesn't think about giving, just gives; doesn't worry about possessions, but about people; doesn't care about impressing those more fortunate than her, but helping those who are less fortunate; doesn't judge or criticize others, just loves them for who they are.

Who do you really want to be?  Are you on your way to becoming that person?


p.s.- don't forget that all month long, proceeds from book sales will be going to Susan G. Komen and St. Jude's Children's Hospital to help fight cancer: The list of books and stories that will help cancer research and treatment is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment