Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Monday, April 16, 2012

According to Plan

It's almost a scary thing, but I have a plan. I know what I want, how I want to get it, and have made a plan to get there. As strange as it is, it feels really great to have a path to follow instead of just walking blindly down a road and hoping it leads to somewhere I want to be. My plan even has details, and is very much within reach!

I've never had a plan before- most of the time, I just jump into things without giving it much thought. I'm kind of the "figure it out as you go" type, and it hasn't worked out all the time. Most of my previous endeavors were unsuccessful because I just dove in without preparation and with false hopes that it would work out practically overnight, which only led to disappointment.

But this time, it's different. My plan feels very grown-up, very doable, and has a realistic timeline. I even have a back-up plan in case this plan doesn't work out (though my back-up is not incredibly hashed-out; it's more of a just-in-case safety net, but I don't think I'm going to need it).

I know that plans don't always go... well, according to plan, but I'm keeping myself flexible enough to adjust to the kinks and bumps in the road. It won't turn out perfect, and that's fine- I think it's part of the adventure to not know what is going to happen all the time.

I feel like I'm on the right path, and it feels like it's taken me a while to figure out where I wanted to go and how best to get there. Let's hope my big dreams will soon become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment