Welcome! Please have a look around, and feel free to leave any comments on my posts, review my book, or share my blog with others. Also, I'm interactive: follow me on Twitter @smober.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Take Care of Yourself

I've been going to dance class a lot these last two weeks, and I am feeling fantastic!  My strength is improving, I'm sleeping better (except for last night, which was filled with zombie nightmares, courtesy of last night's episode of The Walking Dead), and feel so much more mental clarity.

Since we only get one, we should do our best to take the greatest care of our bodies.  It's not always easy, and I haven't always taken the best care of mine, but it's worth it in the end.  Hard work pays off.

There's so much more to taking care of yourself than just looking good- you feel great, you're healthy, and you gain confidence.  When I go to dance class, I don't think of it as "working out" but instead I think of it as improving myself inside and out.

When it comes to taking care of yourself, we need to include mind and spirit.  Having a healthy body, mind, and spirit makes a world of difference in how we live our life.  We're happier, it seems.  When I dance, I feel more in tune with myself and my body, and it makes me feel so much more in tune with the world around me.  It's amazing, and I'm getting better with each class.

I'm off to work some more on the zombie novel before the Zumbia class I'm taking tonight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment